Purchases outside the contintental US - please call for shipping rates
New York state residents are charged sales tax
Terms of Sale:
The work of art seen and described above is sold by the Seller and purchased by the Buyer upon the following terms and conditions:
1. Except as otherwise provided herein or elsewhere agreed in writing, payment in full is due and payable on the date of the invoice.
2. Title of the work of art above shall not pass until payment in full has been received.
3. All applicable sales taxes have been charged on this transaction. The payment and remittance of use tax is the Buyer's obligation. Seller reserves the right to collect out-of-state sales taxes from the buyer after the sale if seller becomes assessed with them.
4. The Buyer's sole remedy for breach of any implied or express warranty therein shall be an action for rescission and, in any event, the absolute limit of the Seller's liability and responsibility hereunder shall under no circumstances exceed the total sales price and Seller shall not be responsible for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.
5. A non-exclusive right to reproduce the work of art described above is reserved by the Seller.
6. Risk or loss of the work of art described above shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery by the Seller to the address specified by the Buyer.
7. Seller unconditionally guarantees the authenticity of the work of art described above and, in the event such work proves not to be authentic as described, will accept the return of the work and return the sales price in full.
Except for the warranty of authenticity set forth above, no warranties or agreements, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, have been made by the Seller.
Select the state for shipping:
Oil on canvas
36 x 48 inches
Signed on the reverse
Rehs Contemporary Galleries, Inc., New York City
Each work measures 36 x 24 inches.
The subject of my painting is ultimately found in the process of each painting. I begin without a preconceived idea, relying largely on instinct. I start with a set of parameters (a vocabulary of linear outlines or gestural marks) which serve as the foundation for the painting. From here a work evolves through numerous compositions and edits of making and un-making. Within this cumulative process the painting becomes more rigid and my responses more calculated. In a successful painting a point is reached when the painting clicks, the final composition becomes evident and permanent and I realize the remaining steps required to complete the painting.
Lives and works in Brooklyn, NY
1978 - Born in Boston, Massachusetts
2001 - B.A. Colorado State University
2005 - Paul Stallings Tompkins Plaza, New York, NY
2007 - 100 Broadway New York, NY, Courtesy of Suzanne Randolph Fine Arts
2009 - Denise Bibro Fine Art, “Winter Salon” New York, NY
2009 - Sephardic Center by BKSK, Brooklyn, NY
2010 - Palm Beach Art, Jewelry & Antiques Show, Palm Beach, FL.
2010 - Los Angeles Art Show, Rehs Galleries, Inc., Los Angeles, CA.
2009 - Los Angeles Art Show, Rehs Galleries, Inc. Los Angeles, CA
2008 - Art Chicago, The Artist Project, Chicago IL
Non-profit gallery/artist affiliations
2006 - Curated Registry, White Columns New York, NY
2006 - Linklaters Law firm New York, NY